London is a dream destination for many youngsters. This is why living within the city is a big goal. Living in London gives a lot of exposure to a variety of fields such as art and philosophy to architecture and fashion. However, with all the global attention bestowed upon London, the cost of living is getting higher by the day. With property values increasing, more people are starting to look for rental apartments and houses in and around London. If you are looking for a rental then here are some quick and easy tips that will help:
Renting a property
- The first thing that you must do is stay away from vendors and brokers who are “interested” in showing you more choices. Most of them just try to pitch in ideas that are way out of your budget.
- Get online and look for rentals. Do not make payments through cash; always put them on credit cards. Make sure you receive at least a photocopy of the contract.
- Check if your soon to be apartment is well accessible from your work place or college etc.
- Always ask for a detailed list of inventory if you are moving in to a fully furnished space.
- Be very friendly when you meet the landlord for the first time. This is basically like a job interview, so give it your best.
Tips to Let Property in London
- Check out building insurances and other insurances required for your house.
- Make sure you hold a proper interview before you hand the keys to your tenant.
- You must speak to your mortgager regarding letting out property for rent. Only after that should you proceed to let out your space.
- Sign up on online portals and post a listing so that you get more potential tenants.
These tips should get you started on how to rent or let out property in London.